What is the synonym of enigma?
What is the synonym of enigma?
Some common synonyms of enigma are mystery, problem, puzzle, and riddle.
What is opposite of enigma?
Antonyms: answer, axiom, explanation, proposition, solution. Synonyms: conundrum, paradox, problem, puzzle, riddle.
What does it mean to call someone an enigma?
A person who is described as an enigma is a bit of a mystery. You never know what that person is really thinking, or what his or her motives for doing something are.
What does it mean to be at loggerheads with someone?
If two people or groups are at loggerheads, they disagree strongly about something: He is at loggerheads with the Prime Minister over public spending.
What does I smell a rat mean?
smell a rat. Suspect something is wrong, especially a betrayal of some kind. For example, When I didn't hear any more from my prospective employer, I began to smell a rat. This expression alludes to a cat sniffing out a rat. [
Why do we say give up the ghost?
Give up the ghost is an idiom that may be traced back as far as the 1600s. ... To give up the ghost means to expire or die, or in the case of a mechanical object, to stop working. The phrase give up the ghost may be traced back to the King James Bible, printed in the early 1600s.
What does the phrase What are the odds mean?
The phrase “what are the odds” is commonly used as a reference phrase while considering the unfavourable outcomes possible for a situation. It signifies the negative impact and outcomes one can expect in a situation.
What are re odds?
What Are the Odds, or Odds Are, is a simple game where you dare another player to do a ridiculous task. One player asks another how likely they are to complete a dare, and then the second player picks a number between 2 and 100 as a limit for a number range. Both players then choose a number within the range.
What does Despite the odds mean?
If you do or achieve something against (all) the odds/against all odds, you do or achieve it although there were a lot of problems and you were not likely to succeed: Against all the odds, he recovered.
What does it mean to be against the odds?
: despite success being very unlikely He was able to do it, against all odds.
How do you use against all odds?
The phrase 'Against all odds' means despite very low probability; in a most unlikely way. Example of use: “She managed to win the trophy against all odds.”
What does it mean to defy all odds?
What does it mean to “defy the odds?” It's often used to describe an accomplishment of something that is seemingly improbable, or succeeding in something where people thought you would fail. Defying the odds means that the odds are stacked against you, and it's not very likely you'll make it.
What do you do when the odds are against you?
5 Things To Do When The Odds Are Against You
- When the odds are against you, don't go against it. ...
- Stop wondering why you can't find the right answers, and start asking the right questions. ...
- Find the light. ...
- Look within. ...
- Realize the beauty of waiting patiently (but productively). ...
- 50 Harsh Truths That Will Help You Find Your Forever Person.
- What are the major events in the crucible?
- What is splinter cells name?
- How do I fight the elder guardian?
- Why was Itachi killed off?
- What happened to Sierra Entertainment?
- How does God's holiness affect me?
- What is the best heavy machine gun?
- Why do the minions wear goggles?
- Did Alucard kill Dracula?
- What is seed slay the spire?
You will be interested
- Who is the shadow man in Hello Neighbor?
- Why is it called sol on Mars?
- How much is it to upgrade legendary Shadowlands?
- What is an example of avant garde?
- How did geralt kill Vilgefortz?
- How much does a $100 000 bond cost?
- Can you live in a house with termites?
- Were there lions in England?
- How do you tell if a widow is interested in you?
- What does being a guardian mean?